Everybody knows that pets often have a tendency for chewing or eating weird things. Cats frequently settle toward plastic or wool, and many dogs eat on whatever they can get their jaws around. Especially pets like different plants. But not all of them are useful for your pet. Some of the plans can be very dangerous for your pet’s health.
To know about different plants that can be dangerous to your pet and about cat adoption Toronto, read this article.
Avoid placing toxic plants in your house where pets can access them.
Dog’s owners are suggested to add bran flakes to their pets’ food or to switch the pet’s diet to one that is higher in vegetable fibers to prevent longing for vegetation. When you walk your dog outside, the only thing you should do is just watching your pet’s behavior. Try to prevent your pet from chewing on vegetation unless you are sure it is not hurtful. On seeing such symptoms as difficult breathing, salivation, vomiting, abnormal urine, weakness, or diarrhea, take your dos or a cat to the vet immediately otherwise he may be poisoned.
Study this list of plants that can be dangerous and toxic to your pet. Of cause, it is not the complete one because there is a great deal of other toxic vegetation, but you should know at least the following.
- Baby’s Breath is a plant of gentle appearance. It seems harmless enough, however, not so inoffensive for your pet’s health.
- Aloe vera is a very helpful plant when it comes to human health but it is poisonous to your pet.
- Amaryllis is attractive and beautiful but harmful to both dogs and cats.
- Rhododendron or Azalea is very popular among gardeners. It is dangerous not only for cats and dogs but also for goats, horses and sheep.
- Begonia is poisonous to both cats and dogs. The most toxic are the tubers.
- The peculiar odor of chrysanthemum is enough to keep a person away; however cats and dogs might still be attracted by this flower.
- Carnations are not so poisonous, but it’s omnipresence in floral preparations makes it one to be aware.
- The pretty flowers of cyclamen are very popular but they are too dangerous to your pet.
- Though gladiolus is famous in the garden, they are more commonly used in floral preparations. The bulb is most toxic to cats and dogs.
- Daffodils: These spring flowers are poisonous to cats and dogs. The most toxic part is their bulbs.
- Lilies: They are so pretty, so sweet-smelling and so highly hazardous to cats. But they are not so dangerous to dogs.
- Sago Palms are very widespread landscaping plants. They are obviously very delicious to animals, and unluckily highly toxic. All parts are toxic, but chiefly the seeds.
- Oleander can severely influence dogs, cats, and even horses. It is a very attractive flower and at the same time is very poisonous. If your pet swallows it there can be a lot of problems.
Poinsettia is also a very dangerous plant.
- Pothos is not the most poisonous flower on the list. However you should be very careful not to let your pet chew or ingest it.
Keep an eye on your pet. But if you don’t have it, click here to adopt a dog and take care of it.