Poultry house controllers are multifunctional detection and control devices which are controlled by analog output and relay. Heredity, genetics, nutrition, and nourishment are critical factors in the case of poultry farming. It facilitates better egg and meat production.
Genuine growth and general well being of the animals depend on a sound environment. Maintaining a climate within five degrees irrespective of the external helps the birds in the house to store their energy.
Temperature balance mechanics in poultry houses
The temperature depends on various factors like housing mechanism, feeding, air velocity, and relative humidity. The ideal relative humidity for poultry is standardized seventy percent on an average.
Some constructions designed in the following manner:
1) The houses are typically spanned from one side of the wall to the other where the trusses help to support the weight of the roof. Layered housing system along with multi-tier cage is designed primarily for a controlled environment.
2) For improved ventilation dropped ceilings are contrived, and the ceilings act as a shield to obstruct the vapor. Dropped ceilings also reduce the heat consumption in summer and increase it in winter. Concrete sidewalls reduce the air leaks, dispense better light and offer a comfortable surface, which helps to improve the fan speed during the ventilation of tunnel and keeps the animals cold.
3) Radiant brooders and tube heaters cast heat on the floor from the top; while the air furnace performs the same function from beneath. Circulation fans stream the hot air from roof to floor, hile paddle fan mixes the air.
4) Pressure ventilations dispense fresh air and remove moisture. Air inlets help to pull in the fresh air in the house and then it is directed to the roof to get mixed with the warm air, and furthermore it gets circulated in the shed. The inlets need distribution in uniform order around the house for appropriate ventilation. The inlet sizes are also crucial for the ventilation process, and the velocity of it must be tall to ensure that air reaches to the whole system.
5) Evaporating cooling pads can be placed in the air inlets to keep the older birds, and animals cool in hot weather. Generally, tunnel ventilation used in large houses, where energy in the form of heat is used to decrease the air temperature and system functions consisting fans at one end while the larger air inlet at the opposite.
All modern poultry houses rely on electronic controllers. It monitors the environmental conditions and adjusts the heating, humidity, ventilation to keep a balanced temperature inside the house.